Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Size Does Matter

When you're talking about an apartment in New York City, it doesn't.

I blog before you as one of the millions of Mega Millions Lottery losers. I didn't win last night. It was a restless sleep as my dreams of moving into a penthouse on Park Avenue, initiating a hostile take-over of the company for which I work by purchasing 51% of the stock, and hiring a fulltime chef came to a bitter end with the drop of six numbers that didn't come close to matching any of my entries. But much to my surprise - the sun did rise this morning, and I dragged myself out of bed to begin another day as a middle-income New Yorker.

To be honest, I didn't even watch the lottery drawing at 11 p.m. I forgot because an episode of Sex & the City came on TBS right after back-to-back episodes of Friends. [Side thought: May those television shows forever live on in syndication] So I compared all of my numbers during the morning news just before an announcement that there were at least two winners; one in Jersey and one in Georgia. None in Manhattan.

The only good thing that came from my first play in New York's Mega Millions Lottery yesterday - my first play in any lottery for that matter - is that I also purchased a copy of Metropolitan Home magazine with my ticket. It featured a special section on "Smart Living in Small Places," which I definitely need to read since - now that I've lost the lottery - I'm not going to be moving into anything much bigger any time soon. So size does matter, but in Manhattan, you can make it work for you.

No comments: