Tuesday, July 01, 2008

63,072,000 Seconds

July 1st marks the completion of two years of chronicling my move to NYC and the start of the third year of "Becoming a New Yorker" - and what I have decided will be the last year of this blog. In the beginning, I didn't know what this New York life would hold or if this blog would even last that long. But as my posts become less and less about becoming a New Yorker and more about just being, I've decided to have a third and final year of posts that reflect what becoming has been and what being has become.

Posts of present accounts of being will end with "a year ago- and two years ago- today" links to the past of becoming until the third year comes full circle and the "Becoming a New Yorker" blogtale is complete. I don't know if I'll sincerely feel like a full-fledged New Yorker until I can say I've lived here for 10 years. I guess old beliefs die hard [even when demonstratably false. - Edward O. Wilson].

A Year Ago Today:
Annus mirabilis
A Year of Sunsets
City Walk #8 - Tribeca
Two Years Ago Today: Countdown: 30 Days

1 comment:

LuLu said...

I have been reading your blog for about a year now and makes me hopeful about my move next year! Thanks for the blogging memories... Quick question..how did you find your first apt? Craigslist? Or broker? etc.. Thanks a bunch!