Wednesday, July 30, 2008

"I'll Get Back to You On That"

Randy Pausch’s Last Words
The New York Times, July 30, 2008

Carnegie Mellon Professor Randy Pausch is best known for the words of wisdom and wit he delivered during a now famous “Last Lecture” and subsequent best-selling book.

And so it probably comes as no surprise that the final words uttered by Dr. Pausch before his death last Friday from pancreatic cancer reflected the same humor and good nature that made him an Internet celebrity.
Read more

Randy Pausch died on July 25, 2008, but he left a profound mark. An enormous accomplishment.

4 comments:

Todd said...

I need a *BNY*-type day on the town. A New York Renaissance, like Dan from Sportsnight.

Annalisa said...

This was so sad and inspiring at the same time. We should all strive to live like he did.

In other news I tagged you in my Blog Me! Me!

KJS said...

Todd,
DrunkBrunch and I will soon be planning a blogger outing to the Naked Comedy Showcase: "Clothing required on your left, clothing optional on your right": http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2007/02/naked_comedy_less _arousing_tha_1.html

Annalisa, I absolutely agree with you. It's funny though that it's harder than it seems, right? And I'll definitely check out your Blog Me! Me!

K said...

I cannot WAIT for naked comedy night. Talk about hilariously uncomfortable, even if you have your clothes on!