Saturday, July 01, 2006

Countdown: 30 days

One month from today, I will be moving to New York City - a big change from where I have spent the last decade of my life. At the risk of sounding cliche, I will be starting a new life. I cannot wait.

I have joined the blogging world to record the activities, events and incidents as they happen to me, along with my correlated thoughts - the good, the bad and the ugly and the boring - so that maybe the bad and the ugly will be funny one day, and the boring will be ... well ... that's just life sometimes. How wonderful and unfortunate it is that we live in a society that can afford to be bored? But that's an entirely different topic (welcome to the random thoughts of Katie J).

I once heard that you have to live in New York City for at least 10 years before you can officially be considered a New Yorker. I have 10 years and 30 days to go.

No comments: