Monday, July 03, 2006

Kicking My Own Ass

Zoned out at my desk. Sitting in my office with a parking lot view. If other employees can take multiple 10-minute smoke breaks throughout the day, I can take five minutes to blog ... five minutes to blog - written like a true blogging nerd. I've arrived!

I work at a university, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. It was my first full-time job out of college, and I currently serve as Senior Assistant Director of Admissions (sounds more important than it really is). I coordinate the university's Open House events, manage the recruitment travel calendar, supervise the student telerecruiters and I'm in the middle of organizing our new student tour guides.

I am exhausted. I have been kicking my own ass between three jobs (one full-time, two part-time), but I can't complain too much because I chose to do it. I have been working two jobs for the past year to save money for my relocation to NYC. But about two weeks ago, I decided that I don't work enough and picked up a waitressing gig at the new crab shack in town. But my blog break is over. Time to get back to work. More about the exhilaration and excitement of multiple employment later.

Kicking my own ass is going to be worth it.

No comments: