Tuesday, March 06, 2007

In It to Win It

This morning on my way to work I saw a giant headline in one of the cities daily newspapers regarding New York's Mega Millions Lottery and the $355 million jackpot. The drawing is tonight so I decided to play. I feel like every New Yorker has to play it at least once since my coworker - and a Far Rockaway native - bought me scratch-offs for my first birthday in the city.

I've never bought a lottery ticket before so I stood in the bodega reading the rules on the back of the Scantron sheet trying to figure out what the heck to do with the bubble answers on the front side.

It reminded me of exam week in college. But this time, there was $355 million at stake. So much pressure. I played two games and chose one quick pick for a total of $3. A small price to pay toward my multimillion dollar investment.

Check back tomorrow at becoming-a-new-yorker.blogspot.com to see my next post: I'm rich, bitch! ... or ... I'm a rich bitch!

The title of the post will depend directly on my mood at the time of my first post as a millionaire.

No comments: