Thursday, March 22, 2007

Colleague Convo - Through Swayze's Tree

For some arbitrary reason, I began humming the alma mater-ish song that the campers sing at the end of the movie Dirty Dancing while working at my desk this afternoon. I know, I'm that annoying coworker.

"That sounds like Dirty Dancing," Julie said.

"... Yea, it is." I replied. I hadn't actually realized where the tune was from or how it had made its way into my head. I haven't seen that movie in awhile. I was in the single digits when it first came out, but I think I was like 23-years old the last time I watched it all the way through.

"What?" Gloria asked. "I don't remember that."

"That's the song that the lame people sing before the cool people come out and dance around," Julie said.

"Oh. All I remember is 'She's like the wind through my tree.'"

"Huh?!?!?!" That was me and Julie.

"The song Patrick Swayze wrote."

"No ... Are those the lyrics?" Julie asked.

"I don't make this stuff up," Gloria replied.

I paused for a moment staring blankly at my computer screen and then: "To which tree is he referring exactly?"

No comments: