Friday, April 13, 2007

Colleague Convo - When I Was Stabbed

It is a quarter to seven o'clock on a Friday evening and I am still in the office. However, before I shut down and go home, I wanted to make note of a colleague convo that happened just moments ago outside my cubicle.

Me to the SVP's new executive assistant: "... Just think of the photo on your employee ID badge like your Driver's License ... who cares if it's bad? It's acceptable and expected."

The SVP's new executive assistant: "I don't have a Driver's License. It was stolen when I was stabbed."

Me: "Excuse me? When you were stabbed?"

The SVP's new executive assistant: "Yes ..."

Me - preparing to make a mental note of the New York neighborhood in which she was mugged: "Where were you?"

The SVP's new executive assistant: "Kansas."

1 comment:

kristen said...

ha ha ha this is awesome, cause i'm from kansas, and this is the second time i've heard someone say something like this about nyc vs kansas.