Thursday, November 23, 2006

To Be Thankful

I'm thankful for my parents, who always mean well. I'm thankful for my brother, who is broadening his horizons in China. I'm thankful for my boyfriend, who is supportive of my goals even as they take our lives in separate directions. For my best friend, who holds a mirror that reminds me why I'm fabulous but never sugarcoats the truth. For my closest friends (they know who they are), who always inspire me to be better. For my two bosses, who don't know about this blog or what I've written about them, but must surely know how much I admire and respect them. For my coworkers, who made me want to be a permanent part of their team when I was a temp. For my new job that makes me feel good in the morning even when I don't want to get out of bed.

I'm thankful for the way I was raised, the way I have grown and am growing, and the way I have learned to think for myself. I'm thankful for my character and personality. I'm thankful that I have the ambition, ability, will and opportunity to realize my dreams. Just because one knows what they want, it doesn't mean they can have it. I have been blessed with reasonably good fortune when others cannot even get a chance. And I am so thankful.

And when I get back to New York, I'm going to knock on every piece of wood in the city.

No comments: