Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Bad Day Average

I think I'm averaging one bad workday a week.

Today I messed up a very important conference call among some high-level executives because I forgot to send the dial-in to an external party, who was essential to the productivity of the call.

The CTO didn't make a big deal out of it, but I am sure that everyone, who had taken time out of their day for a virtually unproductive 45-minute call, was pretty annoyed. I tried to make amends and haven't heard anything since, but in all honesty, these people are too busy to take time out to pat me on the back and tell me that everything will be ok. Nor do I expect that.

I just have to take what I can from this mistake and try to do better next time. Shake it off, as they say. So shake, shake, shake.

No comments: