Monday, August 28, 2006

My New Matthew McConaughey

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Those who know me well - or even just a little bit - know that I am obsessed with Matthew McConaughey, the 5'11 3/4" Texan, born on November 4, 1969, whose curious quirk is assigning nicknames. He receives fanmail at P.O. Box 596, Zachary, CA 70791. Though I've never actually sent him any mail, I've memorized the address - maybe because I like to recite it, along with my other Matt Facts, to make myself sound more obsessed with him than I actually am ... maybe I'll start sending him postcards from New York.

My decade-long obsession, conceived when I first saw him in A Time to Kill, may soon be running a close second to a recent (and rare) celebrity crush, affectionately dubbed My New Matthew. His name is Wentworth Earl Miller - one look at him and you'll instantly forgive his parents for the name.

Ladies, you may have heard of him ... or seen him on the latest cover of Details magazine. Born June 2, 1972, in England, My New Matthew is of African-American, Jamaican, English, German, French, Dutch, Syrian and Lebanese decent, is a graduate of Princeton, and is 100% hot (using "hot" to reference an attractive man makes me feel like I'm 18 again). I first saw him in Mariah Carey's music video, We Belong Together, but only recently heard that he is the star of FOX's Prison Break, which I raced back to Tokii's apartment after another late evening at work to watch. Thanks to two of my new coworkers, Gloria and Julie, I was a fan before I even saw the show for the first time tonight. And he did not disappoint.

Move over, Matthew McConaughey! But don't go too far ...

1 comment:

alison said...

AMEN! ... love me some wentworth