Sunday, May 13, 2007

Creating Coincidences

We can find profound coincidences in strange places (even more so if we're looking for them). And events in our lives that coincide with fictional television stories are like daily horoscopes. Everyone can relate to them because they're generic enough to provide a connection. Ironically tonight's episode of "Desperate Housewives" asked questions that have been recently prompted in my own life.

"From the moment we wake up in the morning till our head hits the pillow at night, our lives are filled with questions. Most are easily answered and soon forgotten. But some questions are much harder to ask because we're so afraid of the answer: Will I be around to watch my children grow up? Am I making a mistake by marrying this man? Could he ever truly love me? And what happens when we ask ourselves the hard question and get the answer we've been hoping for? Well, that's when happiness begins."
- Mary Alice's voice from wherever she's watching her friend's lives on Wisteria Lane

I made the choice to move to New York and let myself fall deeply in love with the city in a matter of months. What was once a loose plan to live here for a few years is shifting into a strong desire to remain here for the rest of my life. There are questions that follow this shift and that I am not ready to ask, but I have begun to feel them looming.

2 comments:

Annalisa said...

Maybe you have found where you are meant to be. That is awesome. Don't be afraid of questions, they lead to answers.

Dina said...

I didn't on really intend on STAYING IN HAWAII...it was just a change. 14 years later....I'm still here, ex co-workers I still keep in touch with are wondering when I'm "coming home!" Don't swim against the current. It's much more refreshing when your OK were your at!!!