Thursday, July 17, 2008

"Things I Love" Thursdays - New York Quotations

This Quotation of Whenever is courtesy of a City Wendy blog post marking a recent celebrity encounter:

“There are roughly three New Yorks. There is, first, the New York of the man or woman who was born here, who takes the city for granted and accepts its size and its turbulence as natural and inevitable. Second, there is the New York of the commuter — the city that is devoured by locusts each day and spat out each night. Third, there is the New York of the person who was born somewhere else and came to New York in quest of something. […] Commuters give the city its tidal restlessness; natives give it solidity and continuity; but the settlers give it passion."
E.B. White, Here is New York

Not a quote of the day, week or month. Just of whenever. Until the next quote that moves me.
"Things I Love" Thursdays are inspired by
"I Love New York" (BNY, February 14, 2007).

2 comments:

Steph said...

Hey there! I recently stumbled upon your site and thought I'd say hello! I know you're a real New Yorker now, but I wondered if maybe your readers would want to check out a new site a friend of mine is putting together, UloveNY.com. It’s a pretty cool video site about New York and they have tons of videos and interviews with people on the street. It’s basically on the spot reviews of clubs, restaurants, attractions, parks, etc. so readers definitely get an honest opinion. They also have a ton of Top 5 lists on burgers, BBQs... Might be a helpful resource for your friends if they come to visit you! :)

KJS said...

The Bee, I added ULoveNY.com under "Links & the City".