Monday, February 05, 2007

Super Bowl XLI

Last night I met Eileen, Gina B., Annisha and two of their friends at Bounce, where we had six seats at the bar, a round of shots on the house and front row views of the flat screens. We rated the Super Bowl commercials, cheered on our teams, ate popcorn shrimp, quesadillas and chicken fingers and stopped drinking before we'd regret it in the morning.

At one point, I looked at our six reflections in the long mirror behind the bar. I know alcohol makes you feel more attractive than you really are, but we were some hot girls sitting at the bar. I turned to Eileen and relayed my observation. She nodded and replied, "That's how we roll! We're like the Pussycat Dolls; we've got one of each color."

"Oh my gosh!" I exclaimed at the revelation. "How many Pussycat Dolls are there? Six?"

She looked puzzled, "Hmmm ... I don't know."

We both shrugged and turned back to the game.

Later after Prince's amazing halftime performance, I sent a text message to my closest friends: "I just watched the Super Bowl halftime show from a bar in Manhattan!"

What am I going to do next?

Remove: I'm going to Disney World!

Insert: Keep living in New York City!

No comments: