Saturday, February 23, 2008

My Best February Birthday Ever

My friends are so fabulous. Since I was in England during the week of my birthday, my friends planned a belated birthday celebration. Busy schedules pushed the date back over a month, but I was so touched by their persistence. Tasha and Gina B. sent out the following evite on January 28:

"Hey ladies..... So it's time to celebrate Katie's birthday! The day will start with brunch at the amazing Spring Natural. Following, we will work off our calories by heading to Bryant Park for ice skating!!! (Make sure you bring your insurance cards in case of emergency!) To warm up after the cold ice, we will head for hot chocolate in Rockefeller Center at La Maison du Chocolat. Please RSVP and let us know if you're "in" for this fabulous day!!!!!"

Since the ice skating rink in Bryant Park was replaced shortly thereafter with Fashion Week tents and coordinating the schedules of eight 20-something, fabulous women pushed back my celebration further still, we agreed on alternative arrangements: comp tickets on a Sex and the City Tour led by Natasha (her weekend gig) and dinner at a clique favorite, Wild Ginger. At a toast to me after the wine was poured, I said to them: "This is the best birthday in February I've ever had!"

But it may have been the best ever.

The Sex and the City tour covers over 40 hot spots of Carrie and crew, including:
· Carrie's apartment stoop
· The Pleasure Chest where Charlotte bought her 'Rabbit'
· Magnolia Bakery, where Miranda stuffed cupcakes into her mouth
· Steve and Aiden's bar
· The church where Samantha meets "The Friar"
· The gallery in SoHo where Charlotte worked
· The furniture store where Aidan designed his tables and chairs

If you ever take the tour on a Saturday or Sunday, request Tasha (Natasha) as your guide. Tell her Katie sent you!

No comments: