Thursday, April 03, 2008

"Things I Love" Thursdays - The Empire State Building

It's the icon of New York. If you were chatting with the city on AOL Instant Messenger, its WeeMee would be the Empire State Building with arms, legs and a smiley face.

But what I love most is racing along a midtown sidewalk at your New Yorker-with-a-purpose pace, zigzagging in and out of the human slalom gates, and not thinking about all the touristy things around you. You happen to glance up. There is the Empire State Building towering over you. Suddenly you are a newbie again. And at a little under two years and counting, I guess I still am in the newbie, wannabe New Yorker stage. I guess that's why I can still look up and sometimes actually stop to take a picture with my phone.

Photobucket

"Things I Love" Thursdays are inspired by "I Love New York" (BNY, February 14, 2007).

1 comment:

angelicaghoul said...

I've always wanted to live in America, especially in NY. U know after watching Sex & the City everybody wants to live in Manhattan. What I like about NY is that it's living. I mean Istanbul, where I'm living now, is also living but NY is different. It's living in this beautiful modern architecture. Especially the Empire State Building is such a nice building that is in a book called "buildings that changed the world". It has suprising facts about it: it was built so quick, it also has a place in the Guinnes Book of World Records, has so tense stories about it... Like the French architect Le Corbusier says: "I could lie down on the sidewalk and stare at it forever."