Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Fresh Direct

Fresh Direct just delivered my groceries for the first time. I was able to shop on my laptop in the comfort and convenience of my own home, schedule my preferred delivery window (I chose between 10 and 11:30 p.m.) and await the shipment while watching reruns of "Friends."

Approximately $80 worth of groceries arrived in four neatly packed boxes. One could argue that I am reaching new heights of laziness, but in New York City, you have to understand - without a car, you can only buy what you can carry or be willing to pay to have it delivered.

Shopping in bulk has become a thing of the past for me. My current options include: Purchase overpriced, rotten fruit from the C-Town across the street ... struggle 10 streets and three avenues via bus, train or sidewalk from Pathmark with nine stretching and ripping plastic bags or pushing/dragging a collapsible cart ... leisurely grocery shop on the Internet for a $4.95 delivery charge plus tip.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And I'm the loser who took a photo of my groceries to share with the reader(no "s") of my blog.

3 comments:

Xinefoto said...

You must be referring to me! I never got it going with Fresh Direct. If I stayed any longer, I think I might have done it. I opted for the collapsible cart.

Fresh Direct is not lazy sister, it's one of the best things about living in a place like NYC.

Anonymous said...

oh wow! thanks for the tip! will be using when i move to NY!

Anonymous said...

oh wow! thanks for the tip! will be using when i move to NY!