Saturday, January 27, 2007

Almost Home

If my life flashes before my eyes at my last breath, I hope today is one of those days included in the montage of moments. Specifically the moment when I threw my arms in the air and collapsed backwards for the first time onto my brand new couch.

Very Mary Tyler Moore-ish, I know.

But this isn't just any couch. It's the first couch in my first apartment in New York City. I ordered it right after Thanksgiving, and it finally arrived today. My apartment is starting to feel like a real home.

There is no place like home, and there is nothing like the feeling you have when your place starts to feel like a home. And I'm creating it entirely on my own, and that makes it even better.

I was sitting on my couch looking out my one window, which overlooks the Hudson River and peeks down Broadway, and I didn't realize I was smiling until my face started to hurt. I want that in the montage, too.

No comments: