Monday, December 25, 2006

A New York City Christmas Moment

It was months ago while I was still living in North Carolina when I first read Joe.My.God's blog entry "Dance of the Sugar Plum Lesbians," in which he recounted a moment that only the Christmas spirit in New York City could create.

The first time I read it, I imagined the pulse of midtown as Joe.My.God had described it. And I couldn't wait to feel it.

As a fellow blogger commented about Joe.My.God's third annual repost of his New York City Christmas moment, this is the sort of thing that you witness and then try to express in words.

Joe.My.God expressed it beautifully. And tonight, I went to Grand Central's Main Concourse to see the holiday light show I had read about from North Carolina and could not wait to experience as a New Yorker.

No comments: