Friday, May 23, 2008

Summer Fridays

Right now, I'm sitting in my cubicle outside of my boss's glass office listening to Counting Crows performing live some 20-odd floors below. Arriving to work a bit early this morning, I noticed "Good Morning America" prepping for the first Summer Concert Series of 2008 in Bryant Park.

Upstairs, I went into my boss's office and opened her large window overlooking the park. The sounds of the concert below are currently drifting onto our floor and the other executive assistants are bobbing their heads in the row of cubicles alongside mine.

"We might work in the best building in New York," my coworkers and I agreed as we peered down into Bryant Park and enjoyed the light breeze through my boss's open window, "Michael Kors and Valentino sample sales and live concerts on Friday mornings."

"It's summer in New York ..." someone said as they walked back to their desk. Why did just those five words make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside?

3 comments:

JanelleGrace said...

Summer in New York, it's perfect.

Grand Life said...

Oh Man, you really do work in a great building. Have a great week.
Judy

Katie said...

HEY! What's goin on? :) Long time no talk....