Sunday, September 23, 2007

Weekend Recap

Friday night: I discovered the pork chop that will have me coming back to Morandi at least several hundred times over the course of my life. While sipping vino with friends in the Italian restaurant that resembles a wine cellar (not unlike every other Italian restaurant in New York with wine cellar decor), we discussed one of our favorite topics: Why We Live in the Best City in the World.

Among the responses:
- You can eat French for breakfast, Vietnamese for lunch and Ethiopian for dinner.
- One has to choose to be bored.
- In North Carolina, I'd be spending my Friday night watching a Reese Witherspoon movie on TBS and talking about how much I love her.*

*To my North Carolinians, I did not say this. This is what Dave said I would be doing.

Saturday night: Tasha (an actress and voiceover talent by week and a "Sex and the City" tour guide by weekend; also one of the funnest girls I've ever met) and I hung with our federal agent crew at some east midtown bars during their downtime. Several of their colleagues are in town from other field offices on-duty for the U.N. General Assembly. I was asked if I would be interested in being a guest bartender a few nights a week/month at one of the bars we patronized. I gave them my number, but will be interested to see if they actually call because I told them that I have no bartending experience. So we'll see ...

No comments: