Monday, October 16, 2006

How Far Behind Us Are Those College Days?

I had been so excited to learn this weekend that my sorors of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. won the step show during the Homecoming festivities of my alma mater in North Carolina. Today, I received the following message from one of best college friends:

"This is strictly my opinion, but homecoming really needed a boost from the individuals that didn't show. It's hard for me to go back and reflect on who showed or who had other things to do, but I can say that there were only a few faces that it was a delight to see, and even those faces seemed like a blur. WCU has seen better days! But if you love to see sophomore and freshman girls cleaning the floor (fight!) with each other during the after-party, this was one you shouldn't have missed! And if you love going to a step show that offered okay performances with only 2 stand-out performances (deltas/alphas), but featured many ignorant outbursts from immature football boys, you would've eaten it up. And if you don't mind watching us lose a football game in overtime ... you missed the HOMECOMING of the ages! But I said all of that, and I'm still going to make the next one. Why? I guess that comes from having the love for your alma mater!"

I wrote my friend back and I promised I'd make it back to Cullowhee for Homecoming next year. That's a promise I plan to keep.

No comments: