Thursday, January 22, 2009

"Things I Love" Thursdays - 917

I know it's cliche, inane and artificial, but I love my new New York phone number.

I decided today to numerically leave North Carolina behind and joined the 917 area code; I've paid bills, fines and taxes here for three years, and I'm subject to the same jury duty summons risks as any other New Yorker, so why not? And even though I share Carrie Bradshaw's sympathies with keeping sweaters in her stove (I stack shoeboxes in the fireplace in my bedroom), the 917 area code is not extinct.

Of course, I recognize my true identity as a New York Transplant, but there is corny satisfaction in knowing that my family and friends can now reach me at 917-...
"Things I Love" Thursdays are inspired by "I Love New York" (BNY, February 14, 2007).

A Year Ago Today: Endings on Repeat
Two Years Ago Today: Life Decisions

No comments: